Artifact Storage & Custody Control Services
Crane Engineering can provide a safe haven for nearly any size artifact. Dozens of burned-out stoves, exploded propane tanks and broken ladders are already under the company's guarded care! The company maintains a secure storage facility.
Crane Engineering maintains detailed procedures for the handling and storage of artifacts to ensure they are not altered after it is taken into custody. Proper care of artifacts is critical to the ultimate outcome of the trial.
The company's artifact storage and custody control procedures include:
- Managing all artifacts per accepted ASTM Method E1459-92
- Providing a secure facility and controlled environment for artifact storage
- Identifying artifacts as soon as it is taken into possession and assigning it a specific reference number
- Using secure, computerized artifact inventory for easy retrieval of information related to each item
- Maintaining detailed chain of custody trail documenting the handling and movement of artifacts
- Legal professionals
- Insurance companies
- Claims adjusters