Fire & Explosion Investigation
Vehicle and Equipment Fire Investigation
Crane Engineering’s team is experienced at investigating fires In a wide range of passenger and commercial vehicles, including trucks, tractor-trailers, buses, RVs, and a variety of equipment such as truck mounted accessories, construction, agricultural, and other equipment.
Vehicle and equipment fires can result from failures in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and/or pneumatic systems and other human and accidental factors, with a wide range of root causes.
We provide investigations of fires that involve:
- Potential involvement of vehicles and equipment in structure fires
- Post-Collision fuel fed fires with ignition and/or fuel supplied by the subject vehicle or other vehicles or objects
- Electrical issues involving electrical wiring and components including high voltage hybrid electric drive systems
- Wheel end and power transmission fires involving brakes (service and parking), bearings, and tires
- Release of flammable fluids from brake, steering, transmission, fuel, hydraulic, and engine systems
- Turbocharger and exhaust systems
- Cargo and auxiliary equipment
- Cigarettes, candles, reflective lenses, and other miscellaneous accidental causes
- Arson or other intentional causes
Failures and fires can result from a variety of contributing factors, including lack of or improper maintenance, usage, or repairs, OEM or supplier product design, manufacture, or assembly defects, after-market modifications.
- Legal professionals
- Insurance companies
- Claims adjusters
- Fire investigators
- Other experts
- Fuel gas companies
- Other engineering firms